We had another very interesting day’s campaigning on Saturday 20th September in Sevenoaks where the focus of the Brexitometer was “How would you vote now?” .
The raw data are shown in the photo of the board plastered with stickers; and the actual count of these stickers is shown in the table.
The conclusions in the table are very clear and give considerable encouragement to the 15 members of the group who were present. We were also targeting those who had not voted before and the young with our Voter Registration details, which was available as a flyer
Separately we were leafleting for the march in London on the 19th Oct and handing out our SAY NO to No Deal leaflets.
Judging by the comments of passersby it would appear that attitudes are hardening within the subsets that people now occupy and these can be identified as :
- Supportive Remainers
- Remainers who accept the result
- Leavers who would now vote Remain
- Remainers who would now vote Leave (fewer proportionately than in the inverse case)
- The totally bored, couldn’t care less
- The No Dealers (and as soon as possible) “it’s in the bag”
- Those who did not vote the last time but would now.
In an interesting development Sandra decided to take the voter registration card round shops which she knew to have a large footfall of young people. No fewer than 8 shops agreed to place a Voter Registration flyer near their cash point.